Residential Window Washing Houston
Residential window washing Houston is not as easy to achieve as it may appear. There are many tools used by professionals, and there are reasons for every tool. You can hardly compare the results produced by a pro that possesses both know-how and equipment with the results produced by a layperson tackling the job of residential window washing Houston. Like the vast majority of services offered by professionals, window washing is a legitimate and much-needed service that many homeowners rely upon.
The following is a run-down of tools used by professionals offering residential window washing Houston:
- High-quality squeegees in a variety of sizes, along with plenty of replacement blades
- Mops, also known as wands or washers
- Tool belt
Techniques of Residential Window Washing Houston
For the do-it-yourselves, the following are basic tips for achieving a professional-grade residential window washing Houston:
- Using cold water, fill the bucket about half full. Hot water isn’t used because it causes the water to evaporate more quickly.
- Add several squirts of detergent to the water, or apply the detergent directly to the wet mop.
- Rub the wet, soapy mop onto the window. Put some force into the rubbing, to ensure that dirt is lifted from the glass.
- While the window is still wet and soapy, use the scraper where needed. Be careful not to scrape backward because that could drag the dirt and debris from the window across the glass and cause unsightly scratches.
- The following are tips related to use of the squeegee:
- The squeegee needs to be used at the correct angle, for best results. The best angle is approximately 45 degrees. If flat on the glass is 0 degrees, and holding the squeegee straight out with the rubber tip still touching is 90 degrees, halfway between is 45 degrees.
- Apply constant pressure to collect all water but not so much pressure that the squeegee won’t move.
- Squeegee from the top left corner down the windows along the edges. It’s difficult to squeegee in a way that there are no water marks on the window; it takes practice.
- Wipe up any water that spills onto the window sill or floor with a towel.
- Repeat these steps for the other side of the window.
Finally, the detergent and techniques used by professionals for residential window washing Houston produce sparkling windows that aren’t streaked and won’t develop any water spots for month.